Bob haircuts have always been a chic option, but with the release of The Great Gatsby movie, it has become especially trendy. Fortunately, you don’t have to chop your gorgeous locks to rock this hairstyle trend; just follow our simple steps and you can achieve a fun faux bob – no scissors needed!
1) Use a small amount of Sexy Hair’s Big Sexy Hair Dense Thickening Primer Spray on dry hair. The non-aerosol spray will help prep your hair to hold your faux bob in place and make it easier to work with. Big Sexy Hair Dense Thickening Primer Spray provides structure, elasticity, protects against humidity and gives hold without a heavy product feel. Bonus – it also provides UV protection!
2) Create a side part – a center part isn’t the most flattering and dates the look a little. A side part helps keep this faux bob fresh and modern.
3) Gather hair into a (super) low ponytail and secure with an elastic hair tie about three to four inches from the ends.
4) Twist hair up to where you want the bob to end.
5) Secure and tuck the ends of hair underneath with bobby pins.
6) Spray with Catwalk’s Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray to ensure everything stays in place – and no one finds out you’re a bob imposter! Sleep Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray provides touchable hold and contains honeysuckle and lychee to provide humidity protection (key for summer weather).
7) Gently pull a few pieces out from the front to give a more natural look and finish with Aveda’s Brilliant Spray on Shine with Vitamin E to add an extra glamorous touch to your faux bob.
Don’t be discouraged if your faux bob doesn’t turn out 100 percent perfect the first time, it just takes a little bit of practice!