From Runway to Real Way: Marc Jacobs' Deep Side Part
Marc Jacobs entire beauty look was inspired by Edie-Sedgwick, the 1960's icon with big eyes and fair skin. Marc Jacobs makeup and hair was styled perfectly to capture the essence, with a teased, tousled ponytail and a deep side part.
"This is a styled-then-slept-in look: this girl had a glamourous hairstyle the night before, and this is it the moment she gets up the next day and is maybe walking down the street for a coffee. The height around the face which I created with my new fashion-week go-to product, Redken quick tease 15, is enough to highlight the face, but is not over-the-top Amy Winehouse height. In addition, a few of the models had their hair colored very blonde and black last night, creating a stronger, more graphic silhouette which compliments this collection."
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken body full instant bodifier volumizing foam for baby fine hair
Rockhaholic Dirty Secrety Dry Shampoo
Redken headset 25 extra strength finishing spray maximum control
How to Get the Look:
- Apply a generous amount of volumizing foam from roots to ends and blow dry straight
- Create a deep left part that is not perfectly clean, but defined.
- Begin to create volume at the crown by holding up 2 inch sections of hair straight up and away from the head and spraying the first 3-4 inches at hair at roots with the finishing spray, backcombing. Hold section up for a few seconds as it dries and let fall, continuing on the next section and throughout the entire head for an all-over backcombed effect.
- Gather hair into a low ponytail at the base of the head, leaving the height on top and adding the Rockaholic dry shampoo aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo for extra matte texture.
- Pull a few wisps out of the final pony ensuring it doesn't look too "done."