From Runway to Real Way: Carmen Marc Valvo
The talented Ted Gibson worked a voluminous 50's couture look with 'New Bouffant' hair backstage for Carmen Marc Valvo's Spring/Summer 2013 collection. The look can be said to have a bit of an Asian flair, but does so without being too cliche.
To get this look:
- Spray build it blow drying agent on roots and blow dry straight with a round brush.
- Part hair in a clean center part, flat iron, then spray a flat brush with beautiful hold hairspray and brush hair.
- Back comb hair starting from 2.5” inches from the face, pinch back combed hair, then lightly brush hair back into very low pony tail.
- Pull soft fringe out at the front of the hair and use a bungee elastic to make ponytail.
- Use rat tail comb to pull up bouffant at the top of the head and spritz beautiful hold hair spray everywhere to give hair a sexy, undone texture.
- Twist pony into messy but secure low bun resting on the hairline.
- Secure with bobby pins.
Photo Courtesy: Samantha Adler of beautypress.com