Although the winter season definitely allows you to experiment with new and exciting fashion looks, we won’t deny that the changing elements can be hard on any beauty regimen. Once the temperatures drop for instance, the cold and dry air can be harsh on both your skin and hair, leading to split ends and cringeworthy cracked hands. Yikes.
But before you get trapped in an inescapable winter beauty fail, we’ve gathered some expert beauty tips (and shoppable favorites!) to help you prep for whatever Mother Nature throws your way.
Got flaking dry skin, or unmanageable tresses? Try these eight expert beauty tips, offering need-to-know beauty solutions, fast.
Take Care Of Your Hands- Aly Walansky, Expert Lifestyles Journalist
“Frostbite is no joke and can be really dangerous, but keep your hands better prepared for the onslaught by moisturizing as often as possible -- try for every time you wash your hands! Philosophy Hands of Hope is actually in my purse right now and i swear by it. It's great for your cuticles as well!”
Try A Relaxing Bath- Grace Gold, Beauty and Wellness Journalist
“My favorite winter indulgence is a nice warm evening bath that warms me up from the inside out! And to make the experience feel even more pampering, I always burn a lavender candle. It's calming and sets me up for the perfect night's sleep.”
Find A Multipurpose Oil- Karie Frost, Beauty Director, Nail It! magazine
"I live in a building where I can't control the heat during the winter, which causes my scalp, lips and cuticles to freak out. I've taken to dabbing a little bit of body oil on the offended areas first thing in the morning and right before bed. Bio-Oil is a cult classic that helps ease any flaking or blisters; just be sure to keep your application super light when applying it to the scalp area so hair doesn't become flat and over-greased!"
Opt For More Oils- Lara Eurdolian, Founder or PrettyConnected.com
“It's no secret your skin becomes more dry in the winter, so more hydrating products are in tow. Opt for more oil-based products in your skincare regimen as oil creates a productive layer and retains more moisture which helps protect skin from the elements. Two of my winter skincare staples are the Eve Lom Cleanser and Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate.”
Use A Hand And Cuticle Cream Often- Jamie Stone, Founder Of HonestlyJamie.com
“My biggest tip for winter is to make sure you protect your hands. I can't tell you how many times I forgot to bring gloves when I lived on the east coast and would absolutely regret it the next day, if not the next minute. Cold weather can really dry out the hands so it's important to keep them moisturized with a good hand and cuticle cream. I love Clinique's Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream, personally.”
“In the winter, I like to apply Davines NouNou Repair Mask to towel dried hair, comb it through, and throw my hair in a sleek top knot. Not only does it tame frizz for a sleek bun all day long, it also gives my mane a mega dose of moisture too. At night, before bed, I shampoo and condition as usual to reveal super hydrated locks.”
Try A DIY Keratin Treatment- Anna De Souza, Beauty Expert and Host of The Clyck
“When my hair is feeling parched from dry indoor heat during the winter, I give myself a DIY keratin treatment! It’s completely safe, doesn’t sting your nose - or your wallet. It’s so simple, just wash and dry your hair. Separate in five or sections sections and apply argan, coconut or even macadamia nut oil generously from root to tip. I love Macadamia Natural Oil’s Healing Oil Treatment.”
“Working one section at a time, comb hair and take a flat iron to it, I use my CHI ceramic iron for this. Flat iron each section three to four times. This seals the oil into the cuticle! If you can spare it, put your hair in a pony - it’ll be greasy - and wash off in a few hours. Your hair will be so shiny and all those frizzies - gone for good. At least for three or four weeks.”
Select A Multipurpose Skin Treatment -Jennifer Matthews: Founder Of My Beauty Bunny
“As temperatures cool down and indoor heaters heat up, your skin will need extra moisture. To avoid the dreaded “lizard hands”, I recommend applying cruelty free product, Dermalogica Multivitamin Hand and Nail Treatment, morning and night for soft, smooth skin. You can also use it on your feet and elbows.”
Christian Dior Valentine's Day Instagram Giveaway
#FNetLove Christian Dior Valentine's Day Instagram Giveaway Official Rules
Love is in the air ladies and we want to help two of you get ready for the perfect date night with our exclusive #ChristianDior giveaway!
Two lucky winners will get their hands on the most coveted Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Toilette, Rouge Dior Couture Lipstick in Vogue, Diorshow Extase Instant Lash Plumping Mascara in Black Extase – the perfect set for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s how to enter:
1. You must follow @FragranceNet;
2. Tag your BFF that you want to win with you. One pair of friends will each win the Christian Dior prize.
3. You can enter up to 5 times maximum with a new friend tagged each time.
4. You can repost/reshare this video or a photo of the contest on your page with the hashtag #FNetLove for an extra entry.
This giveaway will run from Wednesday, January 27th and will end on Sunday, January 31st at 11:59pm EST. Two winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries within 48 hours of the contest end date. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Instagram or Christian Dior.
Must be 18 or older to enter; open to US Residents only. For complete rules, please visit http://ow.ly/XBYjL.
Don’t forget to tag a friend to win with you!
FragranceNet.com, Inc. Sweepstakes
#FNETParty Guess What's In Our Box Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES TIMELY RECEIVED.
The #FNETParty Guess What's In Our Box Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by FragranceNet.com, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes entry period (“Entry Period”) is specified below and designates the time in which all entries must be received. Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor's clock shall be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required prior to award of any prize. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and their immediate families or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. How to enter. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must have a valid Twitter account. If you do not already have an Twitter account, you can create one free of charge at www.Twitter.com. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period: (1) follow FragranceNet.com on Twitter; (2) bring some friends and tweet with us @FragranceNet using the hashtag #FNETParty. We'll be chatting about the best beauty & fragrance products to use during the summer! Also, we’ll be playing Guess What’s In Our Box! 5 lucky participants will receive a $25 FragranceNet.com gift card if they can guess what we’re hiding in our box! We’ll tweet a random fact about the product that we’re hiding and participants can guess more than once. One winner with the correct answer will be chosen for each question. Make sure you use our hashtag #FNETParty during the entire party so we can see your tweets! Limit one (1) person per household may enter during the Sweepstakes Period. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) Twitter contest in any ninety (90) day period with FragranceNet.com, Inc. Although it is free to enter, standard message and data charges may be incurred if you use your mobile device to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the entry post was made, as identified by the authorized account holder of the primary email address associated with that account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with that email address.
All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Entry dates. Online entry for the Sweepstakes is open during the following entry period:
Start date: Thursday, January 26, 2015 1:00 pm (ET) – End date Thursday, January 26, 2015 2:00 pm (ET)
After each Entry Period, Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing using randomization methods selected by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, and select one (1) potential prize winner from all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Winners will be contacted with a reply to their original Tweet and sent a Private Message. All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the selection and determination of winners of this Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) and/or other related documents (collectively, the "Affidavit") by the date or within the time frame specified by Sponsor or an alternate winner may be selected. If potential winner is under the age of majority in its state of legal residence, the prize will be awarded to winner's parent or legal guardian and the Affidavit must be executed by such parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner is not able to be contacted by Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date notice or attempted notice is sent, declines, fails to return any required documents, does not complete the verification process within thirty (30) days, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be forfeited and/or awarded to an alternate winner.
4. Prizes. 5 lucky participants will receive one (1) $25 FragranceNet.com gift card (“Prize”) if they can guess what we’re hiding in our box! We’ll tweet a random fact about the product that we’re hiding and you can guess more than once. One (1) winner with the correct answer will be chosen for each question. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prizes will vary depending upon the prize awarded but each prize will not, under any circumstance, exceed an ARV of $500. Prizes will be as announced on the FragranceNet.com Twitter page. If prize or any portion thereof is not accepted, is unclaimed or unused by a winner, it will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent) if a stated prize is unavailable or for any other reason. The prize winner will receive a message from Sponsor with additional instructions on how to collect prize. Winners are responsible for any taxes payable on prizes. Prizes will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize to the extent not expressly stated herein as being awarded, including without limitation all federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. License/Usage. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By entering, winner/s agree to that Sponsor or its designees may use their names, photographs, likenesses, biographical information, city and state of residence and/or statements made by winner/s regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion in any media (now known or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner/s waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
6. Release and Liability. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases, holds harmless, covenants not to sue, and forever discharges Sponsors, Twitter, and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, retailers, divisions, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as, the “Released Parties”), from, against, and as to any and all third-party claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the Sweepstakes including without limitation, in connection with (i) the administration of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation typographical, printing, seeding, human or other errors relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of any prizes or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, damaged or postage due entries or mail, or any delays in delivery or lack of availability of any prize or prize materials, and/or (ii) entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize, or participation in any prize-related activities, including but not limited to any travel related thereto, and death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Sponsor reserves its right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers in any way with the any part of the Sweepstakes and/or who submits a fraudulent entry or an entry not otherwise in accordance with these Official Rules, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic or other national health emergency, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared,) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, public health crisis, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, then Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
7. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrants agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Courts of the State of New York for Suffolk County. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover, and the parties hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief or to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. Sponsor. FragranceNet.com, Inc. 900 Grand Blvd, Deer Park, NY 11729. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed solely to Sponsor, not Twitter. You are providing your information to Sponsor (FragranceNet.com), not to Twitter.
10. Winner List. To obtain a copy of the winners' list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: FragranceNet.com, Inc. Win What You Want Sweepstakes, 900 Grand Blvd, Deer Park, NY 11729 within 90 days of the winner announcement.