5 Reasons You Don't Have the Nails You Want
Nails can tell a lot about a person, which is why we think getting better nails in the new year is a perfect resolution, no? Grow longer, stronger nails with these 5 nail-saving tips, let's get started, shall we?
1. Nail Baiting: One of the main reasons and one of the most popular 'bad habits' a person has is biting their nails. Not only does nail biting slow down nail growth but it also can spread infections and ruin your teeth. Try avoiding the nibbling of those hangnails and soften your skin and cuticles with a nail oil or nail care products instead. Check our Dr. Hauschka skin care, they have a great line of products for your skin care, including your nails!
2. Vitamins: Nails, like your hair, are made up of keratin, so sure, while calcium is great for you and your nails, there are more important nutrients you need to intake. Like...foods high in iron, protein and zinc, these foods will help you to grow long and strong nails. Eggs, legumes, and supplements like biotin can also help you reach your nail goals. Interested in supplements, check out the long line of Carlson nutrients.
3. Always Use a Base Coat: For those nail polish finatics that are switching up their color every other day, it is common that discoloration and yellowing of the nail will occur. Nail polish, over time, can stain nails, but you can easily prevent this by always using a base coat!
4. You Smoke: Just another reason to add to that list of reasons why you should kick that nicotine habit! A burning cigarette can not only dry out your cuticles but the tar and nicotine can make your nails yellow.
5. Start Wearing Gloves: If you're one for cleaning around the house, be sure you wear gloves. Protect your nail bed from any bacteria that may cause infection, bad breaks or cause harsh irritation from chemicals in cleansers.